Inspired by Indian flavors, this plant-based curry will quickly become a popular “go-to” recipe for an easy mid-week meal.
This curry is ridiculously tasty (is guaranteed to satisfy the meatiest of meat-eaters) while also being extremely nutritious. Chickpeas are definitely the hero in this dish. These amazing legumes are packed full of fiber, are a good source of plant-based protein while also offering a variety of vitamins and minerals, all things that are going to support your feeling and functioning at your best.
If a plant-based diet is new for you, this recipe is a great place to start. It's quick, easy, and uses basic ingredients, not to mention extremely satisfying and full of flavor.
1 ½ tbsp Coconut oil
1 med Onion, chopped finely
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 Cinnamon stick
6 Whole cloves, crushed
4 Cardamom pods, crushed
1/2 cup canned tomatoes, diced
14 oz Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cup Cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size
14 oz Coconut milk
½ cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sauté for a further 2 minutes then add the curry powder, cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamom, cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring often.
- Now add the canned tomatoes, keep on cooking for 5 minutes, stirring fairly constantly.
- Add the cauliflower, drained chickpeas, and the coconut milk, stir and mix thoroughly.
- Bring the curry to a boil, then cover and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Once done, take off heat, remove the cinnamon stick and stir in chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot on its own, or with heated pita or rice.