We've been thinking ... it would really awesome to hear YOUR stories around perimenopause and menopause. Would you be willing to share them with us?
If you're game (which we hope you are!), here's what we'd love you to do:
Answer one, or however many you'd like, of the questions below by filming yourself on your phone. We will then create a video compilation and share it with our community. Please note, by sending us your videos, you agree to allow us to use them on our website, social media channels, etc.
- How or when did you know you were in perimenopause or menopause?
- Who did you turn to when you were experiencing symptoms?
- Did anyone ever talk to you about perimenopause or menopause before you reached this stage?
- What’s one thing you wish you knew before going into perimenopause or menopause?
- What feelings (positive and/or negative) did you, or are you, experiencing now that you are in perimenopause and/or menopause?
- How can we change the conversation around perimenopause and menopause?
- What tips would you share with your younger self knowing what you know now?
- What gives you hope for future generations as they enter perimenopause and menopause?
- Name one positive thing about being in perimenopause or menopause.
- Film it vertically on your phone (not horizontal).
- Make sure your face is centered in the middle of the screen and not too close to the phone/camera.
- Look into the camera on your phone as much as possible (top center).
- Video length: 30 seconds.
- Make sure camera is at eye level (no nostril shots).
- Try to ensure there is proper lighting (windows make for great natural lighting).
- Speak clearly.
- Ensure you have clear sound and there aren’t loud noises in your immediate environment (be mindful not to cover your camera’s microphone with your hand).
- Set your camera on a table or tripod so it’s not moving, or if you’re holding your phone try to keep it as still as possible.
- Submit your videos below with your first name and include your social media handle if you'd like us to tag you when we post it.
Due date: March 8, 2023