We love how colorful this salad is and how delicious it tastes.
It is rich in vitamin C from citrus fruit, and polyphenols from the beets. You can add a protein of your choice since we need more protein in perimenopause and menopause. Try it with chickpeas, chicken, or fish. We've topped it with black seeds, which are best ground or chewed really well to release the oils that have many health benefits.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (such as spinach, arugula, or kale)
- 1 orange sliced
- 1/2 cup of roasted beets
- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts (whole or chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp black seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seed (optional)
- Combine the mixed salad greens, orange segments, beets, walnuts, or almonds in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and black seeds in a separate small bowl to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy this vibrant and healthy salad!