A Superfood Buddha Bowl is a nutrient-packed meal that is both delicious and healthy. It typically consists of a variety of colorful vegetables, grains, and proteins, all served in a bowl. The name "Buddha Bowl" is thought to come from the idea of filling up your bowl until it resembles the round belly of Buddha. Superfoods, such as sweet potatoes, broccoli, and chickpeas, are often included in these bowls due to their high nutritional value and vitamin density. In this type of meal, you can mix and match ingredients to create a bowl that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Grill the chicken breast until cooked through, then slice it into strips.
- Roast the chickpeas and sweet potatoes in the oven at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. You can add any spices your like to the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, sliced chicken, roasted chickpeas, diced sweet potatoes, chopped kale, sliced avocado, and broccoli sprouts.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds on top of the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.