Jazz up your chicken this summer with a tropical vibe. This recipe is perfect for those going through perimenopause or menopause because it is high in protein and healthy fats from avocados.
This paleo-friendly dish will transport you to a tropical island and can be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
What makes this dish so special? It could be the simplicity of the recipe or the vibrant, fresh flavors. Either way, it's one of our favorite ways to serve up a juicy tender grilled chicken breast this summer.
4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salsa:
1 large avocado, pitted and diced
1 large mango, pitted and diced
½ med red onion, peeled and diced
1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tbsp cilantro, freshly chopped
1 pinch chilli flakes, (optional. If you're experiencing a lot of hot flashes, spicy food can be a trigger so you may want to omit this ingredient.)
Leafy greens like arugula
- Arrange the chicken on a plate, squeeze lime juice over chicken and sprinkle with the dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Peel, seed and chop both the avocado and mango, add to a bowl. Add remaining salsa ingredients and gently toss together. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Lightly grease a hot BBQ grill or a grill pan and cook the chicken breast turning once until cooked through, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve the grilled chicken breast on top of fresh leafy greens of choice. We like arugula because it helps support liver function.
- Top with the tropical salsa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.